To provide leadership, support, and information, to link people with resources, and to encourage networking and relationship-building within the home school community through communications, activities and events directed at home school support groups, leaders, and families in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding north Texas region.
Who We Are
Home Educators Alliance for Resources and Training of Texas, Inc., (HEART of Texas) is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 corporation dedicated to serving the home schooling support groups, leaders and families in our regional service area.
What We Do
- Inform new homeschool families about how to get started homeschooling in Texas, what Texas homeschool laws require, and where to find resources and support.
- Connect families to local support groups within the region.
- Act as an information clearinghouse for activities, events and news within the regional area that would be of interest to homeschool families and support groups.
- Encourage communication between local support groups
- Assist local homeschool leaders by providing resources to help them establish their groups, as well as leadership training and support.
- Disseminate political information from HSLDA and THSC to local support groups and families.
- Provide a website and free bi-weekly newsletter.
- Host an annual Leadership Training Conference.
- Host an annual regional Homeschool College Night.
- Host Winter Homeschool Conference
- Host Annual Regional Homeschool Expo
Dave & Anne Gebhart
Founders of HEART of Texas, they are familiar with the unique challenges that homeschool leaders in North Texas face. Their vision for a regional support network grew out of their personal experience as support group leaders. They co-founded the Hurst-Euless-Bedford Home School Association in 1998, with Dave serving as board president. The group started out offering monthly field trips and activities, and within two years grew to nearly fifty families. Anne served as newsletter editor and co-op administrator. With Dave’s support and encouragement, Anne has had the opportunity to minister to thousands of families over the years by speaking at conferences and support group meetings, and as the Texas/Louisiana representative of KONOS curriculum. The Gebharts have homeschooled their six children for over fifteen years. They pray that the Lord will use HEART of Texas as a tool to connect homeschool families with local support groups, to network homeschool leaders throughout the region, to forge relationships between homeschoolers and community leaders, to link people with resources, and to build greater unity within the Dallas/Fort Worth region.